Scholars have agreed for many years that the names of God are all identifiers of the personality traits of God. I am a firm believer that these names truly come to life for the believer when you have experienced God in fullness of each name, in your personal relationship with Him!
God’s Hebrew Names:
• El Shaddai = Lord God Almighty Genesis 17:1
• Elohim = God Genesis 1:1
• Yahweh = Lord, Jehovah Genesis 2:4
• Jehovah Nissi = The Lord our Banner Exodus 17:15
• Jehovah Rophe = The Lord that Heals Exodus 15:26
• Jehovah Shammah = The Lord is there Ezekiel 48:35
• Jehovah Tsidkenu = The Lord our Righteousness Jeremiah 23:6
• Jehovah Jireh = The Lord will Provide Genesis 22:14
• Jehovah Shalom = The Lord is Peace Judges 6:24
“Big Mamma and Em’s” Names for God:
The God of our Weary Years = “Slavery”
The God of our Silent Tears = “Slavery”
A Shelter in the Time of Storm = “Slavery”
A Rock in a Weary Land = “Jim Crowism”
My Refuge and my Strength = “Jim Crowism”
My Rock = “Jim Crowism”
My All and All = Good for Today!
We are the generation of believers who must know Him by all of the names above and so many more!